What To Do In Case of A CollisionNovember 9, 2010 at 8:24 am | Posted in Resources | 5 Comments
Tags: Collisions, In Case of a Collision
Make a report regardless of how minor the incident. It is important for LAPD to track all collisions involving cyclists and motorists.
1. Call 911. Remain calm, and don’t move if you’re hurt.
2. Don’t assume you’re not injured; you might have internal injuries.
3. Get the following information from all involved drivers: name, address, phone, license number, plate number, make of car, insurance company and policy number, and visual identification of driver.
4. Get names and phone numbers of all witnesses.
5. Get the police report from the officer at the scene.
6. Write down how the incident happened while it’s still fresh in your mind.
7. Keep or photograph any damaged clothing or equipment.
8. Know your rights under the California Vehicle Code and the local Municipal Code.
More useful information regarding bicycle safety can be found in the new and improved LACBC Resource Guide. Details on how to purchase a copy will be released soon.