Update: DOT Releases Sharrows Test Ride Dates and TimesMay 17, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Posted in Get Involved | 6 Comments
Tags: count, intercept survey, sharrow, sharrows, survey
Thanks to the hard work of Michelle Mowery, LADOT’s senior Bike Programs Coordinator, we now have dates and times for the sharrows test ride we talked about last week;
So we need volunteers to help ride the streets that are going to be sharrowed in June. While riders are passing through the streets along markers that will simulate where sharrows will go, DOT will be tracking how motorists respond to bicyclists taking the lane. Volunteers will get a cycle computer if they don’t have one–bring your own if you do–to track the back and forth routes riders will be performing over the two hour time slots that DOT is requesting for the study.
Only difference is, DOT now wants us out there for 3 hour blocks, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and the dates are staggered through the last week of May and the first and second weeks of June. So check out the schedule below and email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved. Once this last step of the preliminary work is done, we’ll finally see sharrows painted by the City of Los Angeles in the streets of LA!
Update: All morning times have been moved from 6:30am to 7:30am, now ending at 10:30am (5/27/10).
- East Hollywood, Tuesday May 25th, 7:30AM–10:30AM
- East Hollywood, Tuesday May 25th, 3:30PM–6:30PM
- Koreatown, Wednesday May 26th, 7:30AM–10:30AM
- Koreatown, Wednesday May 26th,3:30PM–6:30PM
- Reseda, Wednesday June 2nd, 7:30AM–10:30AM
- Reseda, Wednesday June 2nd, 3:30PM–6:30PM
- University Park/USC, Thursday June 3rd, 7:30AM–10:30AM
- University Park/USC, Thursday June 3rd, 3:30PM–6:30PM
- Holmby Hills/UCLA, Tuesday June 8th, 7:30AM–10:30AM
- Holmby Hills/UCLA, Tuesday June 8th, 3:30PM–6:30PM
- Venice, Wednesday June 9th, 7:30AM–10:30AM
- Venice, Wednesday June 9th, 3:30PM–6:30PM