CicLAvia 04-10-11: Bringing People Back to the StreetsApril 15, 2011 at 9:08 am | Posted in LACBC Events | 1 Comment
Tags: Bike Valet, CicLAvia, Mayor Villaraigosa
We biked, we walked, we hula-hooped, we ran into friends, we got sun-burned, we smiled! For this second CicLAvia, LACBC was stationed at our bike valet in Little Tokyo, our 7th Street table in MacArthur Park, our table in Hollenbeck Park, and around the Bicycle District, but we were also biking around and so excited to see familiar faces and make new friends.
This CicLAvia has been really well-documented so we turn it over to some other folks for their take on CicLAvia 04-10-11:
- CicLAvia Revelers Share Their Own Stories in the Comments Section; Add Your Own – CicLAvia blog
- Mayor Villaraigosa Guest-Blogs about CicLAvia for Streetsblog (Way to Go, Mayor V, and Way to Go, Streetsblog!) – LA Streetsblog
- Sandy Banks of the LA Times Is a CicLAvia Convert – LA Times
- Even Bike Advocates from Out-of-Town Are Impressed by CicLAvia – Alliance for Biking & Walking
- CicLAvia Brings Out the Families – KCET
- The Bigger Picture of CicLAvia – The Source
- A CicLAvia Photo-Essay from a First-Timer- Brigham Yen
- Green LA Girl Presents 13 Ways of Looking at CicLAvia – Pacific Swell
- Help Brainstorm How to Make CicLAvia More Kid- and Ped-Friendly – LA Streetsblog
- AutoWeek Covers CicLAvia (AutoWeek? Yes, AutoWeek.) – AutoWeek
Thank you to all the great CicLAvia organizers, volunteers, and donors! LACBC couldn’t be happier to partner with this movement! If you can’t wait until the next CicLAvia, know that the next one will be back on July 10th, followed by another on October 9th. And know that CicLAvia could not be possible without financial support and volunteers. So if you can, please donate to CicLAvia and/or volunteer. We’ll see you out on July 10th!