LACBC Presents the 11th Annual Los Angeles River Ride on June 5th!January 25, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Posted in Get Involved, LACBC Events | 19 Comments
Tags: bike rides, Family Rides, LA River Ride
If you’ve never participated in our signature event, the Los Angeles River Ride, it’s a great year to start! If you’ve participated in several River Rides, you’ll be sure to have another exciting time as we have listened to your comments and made changes and improvements to the ride! Register today!
11TH ANNUAL LOS ANGELES RIVER RIDE
When: Sunday, June 5th, 2011
Where: Autry National Center (map)
4700 Western Heritage Way
Griffith Park, Los Angeles, CA
Register online today at la-bike.org/lariverride!
SAVE $10 when you register before May 13!
6 GREAT RIDES TO CHOOSE FROM
All ages, all abilities, all along the scenic LA River Bike Path!
- 100-Mile Century Ride
- 70-Mile Park to Playa Ride
- 50-Mile Half-Century Ride
- 36-Mile Training Ride
- 15-Mile Family Ride (kids 12 & under ride FREE)
- Kids’ Ride & Safety Rodeo (for young kids ages 2-6, they ride FREE courtesy of Paramount City Parks & Recreation)
WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?
- New Elysian Valley pit stop
- New path portion from Fletcher to Figueroa is finally open after years of fighting for it, and this means that 99% of the Family Ride will be on a Class I Bike Path! See footage from the ribbon-cutting ceremony in December and read our blog posts on it.
- The Century Ride will feature a new and improved path based on your many comments
- Kids 12 and under ride free this year courtesy of Paramount City Parks & Recreation
- Newly designed 11th Anniversary River Ride Jerseys by Voler. Pre-order yours today when you register!
WHAT’S THE SAME?
- LACBC members receive a discount on ride registration.
- Not a member? Now’s the time to join LACBC at a discounted price and support better bike infrastructure in LA County.
- Additional discounts for club members
- Great food, informative booths, and entertainment at the Finish line
- A great day of cycling fun along the ever-greening LA River!
General questions about River Ride? Contact JJ Hoffman, River Ride Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Questions about River Ride registration and/or membership? Contact Carol Feucht, Membership Manager, at RRRegistration@la-bike.org.
Interested in volunteering? Contact Martin Lopez-Iu & Erik Alcaraz, River Ride Volunteer Coordinators, at RRVolunteer@la-bike.org.
Thanks for helping to build a better, bike-able LA County!